Kodachadri is the 10th tallest peak in Karnataka, India, with an altitude of 1,343m above sea level. Kodachadri is famously known as “Jasmine of Hills” as it is named after a flowering plant.
The Kodachadri Trek provides trekkers with an experience of a lifetime including adventure and charm. You’ll get to experience beauties like a quaint village setting with paddy fields, marvelous grasslands, thick forests, and waterfalls that make Kodachadri prettier which will make you go weak on your knees.
If you’re planning to go on the Kodachadri Trek from Bangalore, then the following are the things you should keep in mind before going:
Activities in Kodachadri Trek
- Prepare yourself for this fun-filled thrilling adventure near Bangalore that will give you an experience of a lifetime.
- To reach the starting point of the trek, get ready before 7:30 PM, after which you’ll be picked up traveling distance from Bangalore is around 8 hours i.e 400 km where you’ll drive through the districts of Shimoga, Tumkur, and Nagara.
- After the above-mentioned long journey, you’ll arrive at Kumble Village. Have breakfast there and rest for a bit to make yourself ready for the adventurous trek.
- On the second day, you’ll experience the breathtaking Hidlumane Waterfalls. Walk through the lovely woodlands there and let yourself get soaked in nature’s wondrous beauty.
- After trekking for a bit at the Kodachadri Peak’s summit, you’ll get a glimpse of the stunning surroundings and highlands.
- Proceeding further, go to your campsite, satiate your hunger and have a proper meal there as you would be exhausted from trekking for a long time.
- On the third day, explore the Shivappa Naik Fort, popularly known as the Nagara Fort. Enjoy this historical grandeur which is rich in history and heritage.
- To return to Bangalore, get ready by 10 PM after your fun-filled excursion is over.
Kodachadri Trek: Short Itinerary
- Pick-up points or Drop-off Points from Bangalore:
Indiranagar, Near CMH Park
Yeshwantpur Metro Station
Domlur, Near Shanthi Sagar Hotel
Goraguntepalya Metro Station
- You’ll be picked up from the above-mentioned pick-up points from any one of the locations mentioned above. After this, you can start your Kodachadri Trek.
- Take a comfortable vehicle to start your journey.
- Your respective Travel Agency will inform you about the pick-up time beforehand.
- You’ll arrive around 6:00 AM, and freshen up after arriving at the campsite.
- Start the Kodachadri Trek after having your breakfast by trekking to Hidlumane Waterfalls at 8:00 AM.
- After having your lunch, continue your trek at the Kodachadri Summit.
- Explore the mountain peak and witness the stunning panoramic views of the surrounding that will leave you in awe.
- After dusk, go back to your base camp and enjoy your dinner.
- Visit the nearby villages and plantations after freshening up around 6:00 AM.
- After having breakfast, pack everything and leave your campsite around 9:00 AM.
- Then, start your journey to Nagara Fort and explore this place rich in history and culture.
- After exploring Nagara Fort, have a proper lunch with your friends and start your journey back to Bangalore.
- The Kodachadri Trek tour will come to an end around 10:00 PM. You can return to Bangalore from here.
Highlights of the Kodachadri Trek
- One of the major highlights of the Kodachadri Trek is the expanse of mesmerizing Rolling Lush Green Hills.
Covered in every shade of green, the hills are situated at a height of 5,735 feet that can gaze from afar.
- The Hidlumane Waterfalls of Kodachadri is a unique work of nature that is a series or a cascade of seven waterfalls that make it up and is a major highlight of the trek.
The Hildumane waterfall is a sight to your eyes, wondrous in its beauty that you won’t experience in other treks.
- The Mookambika Temple of Kodachadri is another major highlight of the trek and a famous destination for Hindu Pilgrims which is dedicated to the Ancient Mother Goddess, Mookambika.
- Another highlight of the trek is the Shola Forest. If you like trekking through this canopy and want to get the right exposure to trekking in a forest, then you must experience the Shola Forest Trek of the Kodachadri.
- Admire the Nagara Fort which will give you additional knowledge of the place’s rich heritage and history.
Get immersed in this beautiful shade of nature with The Kodachadri Trek where you can summon your inner wanderlust. So what are you waiting for? Nature is calling you!
Kodachadri Trek (multiple)
Major highlights (6)
Pick-up point and drop-off point (4-5)