Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, your children have probably been spending a lot more time at home. Want to ensure that your kids get enough exercise, even if they can’t go to the playground or practice with their sports teams? We’ve gathered a variety of resources that will help you keep your family fit and have fun while working out!
Designing a Home Gym
Having a designated space where everyone in your family can work out will make exercise more fun. Here’s how to design a functional home gym.
- These tips will help you find the perfect treadmill, dumbbells, and more.
- If you’re interested in practicing yoga in your home gym, take some time to search for the perfect yoga mat.
- Take steps to keep the space clean, which can help release negative energy and cut down on the anxiety caused by clutter.
Once you’ve got all the equipment you need, it’s time to get moving! These exciting indoor activities will definitely wear your kids out.
- Look online for age-appropriate exercises for the whole family!
- With these fun indoor games, you’ll be able to get your kids moving, and they won’t even feel like they’re exercising.
Your usual workout routines might be a little too intense for your kids, but you can modify certain exercises so that your family can enjoy exercising together. Following these sequences will help you get started.
- People of all ages can benefit from core workouts, so through these basic ab exercises with your kids at their own pace.
- Try these simple yoga poses to help your kids calm down when they’re feeling frustrated with staying home.
- If you have teenagers who are interested in strength training, you can follow this basic dumbbell workout together.
Giving up your usual physical activities for a while can be tough. For many kids and adults alike, playing sports or getting some exercise outdoors is a source of happiness. But with the current restrictions in place, these resources will help your family adapt.
Contributed by Anya Willis