“Why is it I have prayed and prayed and got no answer?
Jim Jensen has been asked this question untold times. It’s a very common complaint all over the world.
His answer is this: “All thoughts are prayers, and all prayers are answered – positive or negative. In life, you don’t often get what you want – you get what you expect. And the key to creating the realities you desire and deserve is to make what you want and what you expect the same.”
This is the power of the subconscious area of the mind.
In his new book titled, 7 KEYS To Unlock Your Full Potential, Jensen explores how to take control of your beliefs and unleash the power of your subconscious mind, so that breakthrough performance can result.
7 KEYS builds on his earlier work Beyond The Power of Your Subconscious Mind, which encompasses his 45 years of studying the work of Dr. Joseph Murphy.
“Beliefs are the results of your experiences, events, conditions, and the acts and actions of ourselves and others. Beliefs are the things we believe to be eternally true – the truths of life that do not change,” he says.
“When we take control of our subconscious beliefs and emotions, we take back control of our lives.”
Your mind is an amazing tool which works actively to create the world you experience. Your beliefs about the world are colored by your beliefs about yourself.
Jensen explains how our ability to control our life is based on our beliefs about our mind, particularly how well we control our limiting beliefs. These personal beliefs – affirmations – are critical. Jensen defines affirmations as follows:
“A statement of fact or belief, positive or negative, that tends to lead you toward the end result you expect.”
A belief is a thought in your mind. Do not believe in things to harm or hurt you. Believe in your power to heal, inspire, strengthen, and prosper you. Change your thoughts, and you change your destiny.
When you say to yourself, “I am really good at this”, your mind will bring that belief into reality.
On the other hand if you say, “I am really bad it this,” your mind will bring that into reality as well.
Seldom does an individual exceed his/ her expectations. High-performance people develop high expectations which they hold firmly in their minds as though this picture (or goal) is already achieved.
You are in control. By changing your beliefs, you have the opportunity to effect changes in the world. You can counteract negative suggestions and beliefs. Here’s how:
- Think good, and good follows. Think evil, and evil follows. You are what you think about all day long.
- Your subconscious mind does not argue with you. It accepts what your conscious mind decrees. If you say, “I can’t afford it,” it may be true, but do not say it. Select a better thought; decree, “I’ll buy it. I accept it in my mind.”
- You have the power to choose. Choose health and happiness. You can choose to be friendly, or you can choose to be unfriendly. Choose to be cooperative, joyous, friendly, lovable, and the whole world will respond. This is the best way to develop a wonderful personality.
- Your conscious mind is the “watchman at the gate.” Its chief function is to protect your subconscious mind from false impressions. Choose to believe that something good can happen and is happening now. Your greatest power is your capacity to choose. Choose happiness and abundance.
- The suggestions and statements of others have no power to hurt you. The only power is the movement of your own thought. You can choose to reject the thoughts or statements of others and affirm the good. You have the power to choose how you will react.
- Watch what you say. You have to account for every idle word. Never say, “I will fail; I will lose my job; I can’t pay the rent.” Your subconscious cannot take a joke. It brings all these things to pass.
- Your mind is not evil. No force of nature is evil. It depends how you use the powers of nature. Use your mind to bless, heal, and inspire all people everywhere.
- Never say, “I can’t.” Overcome that fear by substituting the following, “I can do all things through the power of my own subconscious mind.”
- Begin to think from the standpoint of the eternal truths and principles of life and not from the standpoint of fear, ignorance, and superstition. Do not let others do your thinking for you. Choose your own thoughts and make your own decisions.
- You are the captain of your soul (subconscious mind) and the master of your fate. Remember, you have the capacity to choose. Choose life! Choose love! Choose health! Choose happiness!
Whatever your conscious mind assumes and believes to be true, your subconscious mind will accept and bring to pass. Believe in good fortune, divine guidance, right action, and all the blessings of life.