With winter upon us I like to cook food that will warm you up. This Black Bean recipe is quick and packs lots of flavor. I learned how to make this when I was in Brazil many years ago.
- 4 cups cooked black beans
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic smashed and chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper chopped
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 28 oz tin of diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- Heat a saucepan to medium high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Fry the onion, garlic and pepper til soft.
- Add tomato, black beans, coriander, chili powder and cumin.
- Let simmer and reduce until desired consistency.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add cilantro before serving over rice.